Well it has officially been 2012 for a few days now and I thought it might be a good time to take a look back at my blog over the past year. It’s hard to believe it’s been almost 1 year since I started actively blogging. I still don’t know what clicked with me last April, all I know is I’m glad it did. I’ve met so many really cool people and have found some amazing blogs that I now read regularly!
Below are some of my top rated posts from 2011:
1. The Real Me: This was written for an IndieInk Challenge, where Aimee gave me the following prompt: “Without referencing your age, birth date, town you grew up in, your job, and whether or not you are a parent, answer the question “Who are you?”. I owe Aimee a big thank you because this turned out to be my highest ranking post last year.
2. I Have a Bone to Pick With Blogger: This was my rant on how some Blogger blogs won’t let me comment. It was refreshing to see that I wasn’t the only one having the same problems! This post was by far my most commented on last year.
3. Happy Bad Poetry Day!!!: Quite possibly one of my favorite days to celebrate. I love when I can embrace and be extra proud of the things that I suck at. My poetry in this post definitely gives Robert Frost as run for his money. Click through and be prepared to be in awe (of just how bad poetry can be).
4. A Love Letter: A letter I wrote to my one true love for Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop. It’ll bring a tear to your eye.
5. Red Writing Hood 10.28.11: Athleticism: The very first piece of fiction I have ever written. I was surprised and pleased that it ranked as one of my highest read posts last year.
My favorite posts from 2011:
1. Best. Spam. Ever.: I still stand by the title too. I have yet to find someone that can top the spam talked about in this post.
2. When Good Blog Posts Go Bad: I’m so glad I wrote this post; everyone’s wonderful comments made me realize that I was definitely not the only one who’s been through this. LOL
3. What the F*ck Were You Thinking?!?: Quite possibly the best idea for a game show. EVER.
4. The Day My Life Changed Forever: A look at one of the most traumatic things I have ever been through.
5. Fiction: Playing Games: Written for Flicker of Inspiration’s prompt called “the key”. This is one of my favorite pieces I’ve written to date (not that there’s THAT many lol). I had a ton of fun writing it.
6. Fiction: Remembering Brian: Written for Story Dam’s “Puzzle Piece” prompt. Was humbled by the comments I received on this piece.
7. The Came Guy is Coming Over: One of the many posts sharing the crazy things that come out of the kid’s mouth.