Before I begin this review, I ask that you please read the disclaimer at the bottom of the post. Just because this product works for me and I love it, doesn’t mean that it’ll work for you. It is always recommended that you consult a doctor before using a product like 5-Hour Energy.
Long-time readers of my blog know that I suffer from Narcolepsy. I take a pill that keeps me awake, but there have been a few times where I’ve forgotten to take my medication or have needed a little something more. For a long time I was drinking energy drinks and found that they just weren’t doing the trick. I’d get a little boost of energy and then come crashing down. Not to mention all of the empty calories I was consuming (before I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy my doctor was shocked at how much weight I had put on and it was all thanks to the energy drinks I had daily).
Wanting to find something different, that worked better and wouldn’t pack on the pound, I decided to give 5-Hour Energy a try. To my surprise it worked like a charm. I definitely felt a lot more awake and alert in a very short amount of time and it lasted right about 5 hours. The best part about it though, was there was no crash. When the 5-Hour Energy started to stop working, I just noticed that I gradually felt sleepy again. It was a definite difference from all the energy drinks I had drinking.
Now as with everything, 5-Hour Energy has some pro’s and con’s. Here’s my list of them..
- Really does work for around 5+ hours – Unlike energy drinks which maybe would help for an hour before I’d crash)
- Can be taken in 2 different doses – Energy drinks are pretty much like pop; you need to drink them once opened or they’ll go flat on you. That’s the nice thing about 5-Hour Energy; it’s non-carbonated so you can drink half the shot, if that’s all you need, and then save the other half for another time and not have to worry about it going flat.
- It’s a quick shot – In one to two swallows you’re done and on your way to feeling more energetic.
- No fat, no sugar, and only 4 calories – I can drink 5-Hour Energy and don’t have to worry about my waistline.
- You don’t crash – Like I said before, when 5-Hour Energy starts to leave your system, you won’t feel a dramatic crash like you do with energy drinks.
- Available in 3 different ways – Regular, Extra Strength, and Decaf; for those who want energy without the caffeine.
- Less caffeine than the leading premium coffee – If you opt for one of the caffeinated shots, this is always something cool to keep in mind.
- No herbal stimulants – As I’m sure most of you know there have been issues with herbal stimulants turning out to be dangerous. This is something you don’t have to worry about with 5-Hour Energy.
- Contains B-vitamins and amino acids – Something your body needs, so how can you argue with that?
- Like any energy drink or shot, 5-Hour Energy is not cheap – Though if you can get 2 uses out of a shot that definitely helps.
- The taste is definitely lacking – I’ve pretty much tried all of the flavors and each one makes me shake. LOL I will admit they do taste a tiny bit better when cold, but they are still pretty bad. However, since it is just a shot, you can down it quickly and move on.
- There is sucralose in it – No sugar comes with a price. I’m not a huge fan of artificial sweetener, but this is one of the cases where I make an exception.
- Different types of people can have different reactions – Like anything you just have to be careful, when taking 5-Hour Energy. It can make you feel jittery, if you’re not used to that type of thing. I’ve also seen it make people really hyper, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but just something to be aware of. As I said earlier, it is best to consult your physician before using 5-Hour Energy.
So there you have it! Ultimately you know yourself and your body so it’s up to you to choose what’s best for you, but if you’re looking for something to give you that extra kick, then I’d definitely recommend trying 5-Hour Energy!
Would you like to win your own 6 pack of 5-Hour Energy? Fill out the Rafllecopter form below!
Disclaimer: Please carefully read all of the information provided to you on the 5-hour ENERGY® product and determine if trying 5-hour ENERGY® is right for you. If you have any concerns, as with all dietary supplements, please contact your doctor.
I was provided a sample of 5-Hour Energy in order to facilitate this review for Smiley 360. All opinions are my own. Please note that this review is not meant to infer that 5-Hour Energy can treat or cure an illness.